GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE: NO-FAULT or FAULT ?
The marriage is irretrievably broken. Under this ground the parties will not be granted a divorce until 30 days have lapsed from the time of filing.
A full list of the fault grounds that are available for a
divorce filed in Georgia are as follows: (Requires proof or the case can be
(1) Intermarriage by persons within the prohibited degrees of consanguinity or affinity;
(2) Mental incapacitation;
(3) Impotence at the time of getting married;
(4) Force, duress and fraud
(5) Pregnancy of the wife by a man other than the husband, at the time of the marriage, unknown to the husband;
(6) Adultery by either spouse (7) Willful and continued desertion by either of the spouses for the term of 1 year;
(8) Conviction of a felony and imprisoned for a term of 2 years or longer;
(9) Habitual drunkenness;
(10) Cruel treatment;
(11) Incurable mental illness.
(12) Habitual drug addiction.